Monday, July 9, 2012

Pinterest Review: Orange Juice Facial Mask

Unfortunately, I'm blessed to have blackheads and many of them! I've gone up and down the skin isle at Wal-Mart to try to find blackhead removers. I have semi-sensitive skin but also oily skin. Many of the Wal-Mart products cause me to break out, dry out, or turn bright red until I can find something to sooth my skin. Currently, I use a facial soap that's geared towards the redness but if I use it every day, it dries out my face as well. When it does that, I use a light face lotion but that just makes my face oily and then I break out again. My nose is very bad about blackheads (and insanely large pores) so I've been using Biore strips to attempt to help.

Since finding Pinterest, I've found so many facial options. I found a baking soda and orange juice mask and I'm finally able to try it!

I squeezed a whole orange and then took out 1 Tbs and added 1 Tbs baking soda to the latter. I mixed it but it wasn't pasty enough so I just kept adding baking soda until I got there which was quite a bit. I only used about half of it on my face. While I was waiting 20 minutes, I added the left over and the extra orange juice to a container and dumped baking soda in until I got the desired consistency. I put a lid on it and stuck it in the fridge until next time and I can just shake it up and apply. I laughed when I realized that I couldn't move my mouth  much because the mask had gotten so tight! My face did tingle and itch a little but it felt like any other mask. So, if you're worried that the citrus will sting like I thought it might, don't worry (unless you have very sensitive skin)!

After the 20 minutes, I gently scrubbed my face with wet hands and then dried off my face and added a light lotion. My face is so smooth! It feels great! The following is the Pinterest post. My face did not seem as red afterwards as hers is. I'm not sure if it helped with pore size but it did help with the blackheads! Hopefully if I do this about 2 times a week, it will keep them at bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment